Thursday, June 4, 2009

Druggies, I get you

In recent years I have seen numerous Dr. Phil episodes. Oh, wait, before I continue, I would like to make it clear that I do not watch Dr. Phil anymore. His shows went from interesting to silly. Ok, I have seen numerous Dr. Phil episodes where Dr. Phil confronts mothers who are on drugs. These are average moms from the suburbs that look like the stereotypical soccer moms. They are hard core addicted to pain killers. They sell items on ebay, drown their families in debt, or prositute themselves in order to stay on painkillers.

At first I found it surprising. Why would they do that? Now that I have a toddler, I am starting to get it. Now, I would never do it, because I follow a moral code, and hey, its a really expensive habit. I am starting to get the I am going crazy feeling maybe a few pills will help feeling. The last few days Ethan has been whining a lot, throwing tantrums, yelling for what he wants, and waking up as soon as I start to fall asleep for a nap. I don't really need drugs, but I do need a break.

I really wish my parents lived closer. I am thinking I might be desperate enough to drive 2 hours just to go on a date with my husband. Another idea is I can get Nathan take him this weekend while I go. Just GO.

No comments:

Post a Comment