Thursday, March 26, 2009

Could Have Been So Much Worse

Ethan has been sleeping terribly which means I have been sleeping even more terribly. He woke up cranky. He didn't want me to do anything but hold him. He cried if I put him down. He screamed if Nathan tried to touch him. He took a 20 minute nap in the morning when I so desperately needed to sleep. The crying when I put him down routine continued. Then Kate came over and took him on a walk so I could take a shower. Followed by Jenn and my new pal Melyssa. We had breakfast, and they tried to cheer Ethan up. It didn't work, but it really touched my heart that they tried. When they left he took a two and a half hour nap and woke up happy. He didn't get clinging for another couple of hours. I think he is going through a bit of a rough patch because he is upset his dad isn't around all the time. I think he might be worried that I am going to leave too or something.

As I was reflecting on my day I realized how I am so very lucky to live in Orlando now. If I had lived in Seattle, I wouldn't have had the Delights of My Heart Ladies to come and visit and give me a reprieve of CrankyPantsBaby. So, my day really wasn't that bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment